Wilshere ruled out for ‘few weeks’

first_img The 23-year-old England midfielder’s career has been punctuated by injury and now he has suffered another – a hairline crack of his left fibula. Wilshere will miss Sunday’s Premier League season opener with West Ham and is also likely out of England’s Euro 2016 qualifying Group E fixtures with San Marino and Switzerland next month. Wenger said on arsenal.com: “I had a bad surprise because it is a hairline crack in his fibula that makes him a few weeks out.” Reports suggested Wilshere could be out for around two months, but Arsenal have not put an exact timescale on the injury yet. Wilshere missed last Sunday’s Community Shield defeat of Chelsea, the Premier League champions, after suffering the injury in training the previous day. Wenger initially said it would be a “matter of days” before Wilshere returned, but it swiftly became apparent he would miss the Hammers clash – and now the prognosis is far worse. It is the latest worrying blow for Wilshere, who returned in May following another lengthy spell out with an ankle problem and has had numerous injuries throughout his career. Wenger added: “There is minimal damage apart from the bone damage – there is no damage at all apart from that. “It was a collision in training and it was all completely accidental.” Wilshere will continue to be assessed and treated by FA Cup winners Arsenal and there was no mention of whether surgery will be required or not. Press Association Forward Danny Welbeck (knee) will also miss the opening game of the season, along with midfielder Tomas Rosicky (knee). “We have Welbeck on a progressive recovery and Rosicky on a progressive recovery,” Wenger added. “He (Welbeck) is not too far away, but he is not ready for Sunday.” Alexis Sanchez is also unlikely to be included after winning the Copa America with Chile in early July. “Alexis is back in training but I don’t think he will be involved on Sunday, it is a bit early maybe,” Wenger said. “He came back in good fitness shape so that is quite positive, but I am not surprised by that because I can’t imagine him lying around for four weeks and doing nothing. That wouldn’t be him.” Jack Wilshere will miss key games for Arsenal and England after being ruled out for “a few weeks” with an ankle injury, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has said. last_img read more

Minors gear up for All Ireland Final

first_imgSunday’s game throws-in at 1.15 in Croke Park and Tipp FM will have live commentary in association with Roscrea Express. Current Munster and All Ireland Champions Kerry provide the opposition on Sunday at Croke Park….the Premier will be looking for revenge for their defeat to the Kingdom in this year’s Munster final in Killarney. Tipp have since overcome Galway and Kildare in the Quarter and Semi final on their path to Croker.Tipp dual minor and Loughmore Castleiney player Brian McGrath says they are looking forward to the chance of redemption.last_img

Local day care worker arrested for abusing infant who refused to nap

first_imgA day care worker in Margate, Florida has been arrested for allegedly abusing an infant who refused to take a nap during their scheduled nap time.The incident was reported at the Learning City Academy, at 7336 West Atlantic Blvd, in May of 2018.Authorities say 59-year-old Gladys LaRosa told investigators that she became angry with the infant because nap time had been going on for 30 minutes and instead of napping like the other children, the 18-month-old was playing with his toys and making noise. La Rosa says she planned to go over to the infant and soothe him to sleep, however, when she got to him, her anger got the best of  her and she pushed the infant down on the cot causing him to hit his head on the metal frame.LaRosa then told investigators that she only noticed the infant had been injured when she changed his diaper and noticed a cut on his face. She then cleaned the cut and washed the blood off of the cot with bleach.She was arrested at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on Friday and has been charged with aggravated child abuse.A judge granted her an $1,000 bond and instructed her to stay away from the victim and to not work in places that involve children.last_img read more

Rook snatches top seeding in men’s amateur

first_img1 Aug 2018 Rook snatches top seeding in men’s amateur Tags: Formby, Hesketh, Mens Amateur, Sam Rook There’s a Yorkshire one-two at the head of the leaderboard for qualifying at the English men’s amateur championship, with Sam Rook pipping Sam Bairstow to become top seed.Rook (Lindrick) and Bairstow (Hallowes) both played the 36 holes of stroke play at Formby and Hesketh Golf Clubs in five under-par. However, Rook took the honours with his better second round of three-under 69 while Bairstow was two-under, both at Formby.Breathing down their necks is a group of impressive layers who shot four-under: David Langley (Castle Royle), another Yorkshireman Nick Poppleton (Wath), Andrew Wilson (Darlington) and Matty Lamb, Hexham.Tomorrow Rook (pictured) takes on Dan O’Loughlin (Ruddington Grange) in the first round proper, but Bairstow has to wait to discover his opponent.The top 64 players and ties qualified for the match play stages – and with a total of 73 players going through, that means a preliminary round involving 18 players.George Crow (Rochester & Cobham Park) missed out on a place in the knock out but had the satisfaction of a hole in one on the 16th at Formby.center_img Image copyright Leaderboard Photographylast_img read more

MAN JAILED FOR SEVEN YEARS AFTER KNIFE ATTACK LEFT VICTIM SCARRED FOR LIFE

first_imgJason Haughey. Pic by Northwest Newspix.A man home on holiday from America was left with a horrific scar after being slashed in the face after refusing to give a passer-by a cigarette.Darragh Harvey had to have extensive plastic surgery after being attacked with a knife by stranger Jason Haughey  on April 23rd, 2012. Haughey, 26, who had 42 previous convictions, appeared at Letterkenny Circuit Court today facing a number of serious charges.The court heard how Mr Harvey had returned from the USA where he lives and was on a night out with his father Liam at Gallagher’s Hotel on Letterkenny’s Main Street.He was approached by Haughey and a young woman and when Mr Harvey refused to give the accused a cigarette, Haughey attacked Mr Harvey before fleeing.Mr Harvey was rushed to Letterkenny General Hospital and had to later receive plastic surgery.Pictures of Mr Harvey’s severe scarring were produced in court to Judge John O’Hagan.Haughey was arrested on May 4th in Ballsyhannon but never admitted to the attack.The court was also told that Haughey was involved in a number of burglaries on February 4th, 2013.In one burglary he broke into the home of a Mr Pauric Gallen at Glencar Road in Letterkenny.When Mr Gallen found Haughey in his living room, the court was told he managed to retrain the burglar with a golf club until Garda arrived but was injured during the struggle.When Gardai tried to restrain Haughey, he took a snooker ball from a nearby snooker table and tried to swallow it.He was taken to Letterkenny Garda station and continued to resist arrest and had to be pepper sprayed.When taken to be cleaned up, Haughey, a known drug user of Castlerea Prison, spat blood and saliva at two Gardai.Judge John O’Hagan said he had dealt with Haughey on a number of occasions and he had given him a number of chances and “tried my best” to rehabilitate him.“It is absolutely horrific the damage he has done to this young man,” he said.Haughey faced a total of ten charges including assault, burglary, obstructing police officers and poison of drugs.Judge O’Hagan sentenced him to a total of seven years in jail and suspended the last year on condition that Haughey attend the necessary drug rehabilitation courses.He backdated the sentence to July 17th, 2015, the date since Haughey has been in custody.MAN JAILED FOR SEVEN YEARS AFTER KNIFE ATTACK LEFT VICTIM SCARRED FOR LIFE was last modified: April 28th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Jason Haugheylast_img read more

Di Matteo says he would like Lampard to stay at Chelsea

first_imgChelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo says he hopes Frank Lampard stays at Stamford Bridge.Lampard, whose contract expires at the end of the season, has been linked with January moves to China and the United States.But Di Matteo would be happy to see the England midfielder, 34, sign a new deal.“He has been great at Chelsea for over a decade, so it would be nice for him to finish his career here,” said Di Matteo.“I’m not aware how the discussions are going but if there’s a willingness from both sides, Frank will remain with us.”Click here for the West Brom v Chelsea quiz See also:Chelsea cautious over Lampard injuryBlues consider cover for Moses and 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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Warriors’ rookie Eric Paschall out Saturday vs Thunder

first_imgOKLAHOMA CITY — Warriors rookie forward Eric Paschall is out for Saturday’s game against the Oklahoma City Thunder with a right thigh contusion.Paschall is averaging 16.4 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 30.6 minutes per game this season. He has been among Golden State’s top scorers with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Jacob Evans and Kevon Looney sidelined with various injuries.Guard Alec Burks will start in Pachall’s place, joining guards D’Angelo Russell and Jordan …last_img

Mamatas painting will be at Rashtrapati Bhawan: President

first_imgKolkata, Nov 28 (PTI) President Ram Nath Kovind was pleasantly surprised today when West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee gifted him one of her paintings here, which the president said would always remain “close to my heart”.The president, who is on his maiden visit to the state after assuming office, also said the painting would certainly make its way to the Rashtrapati Bhawan gallery in New Delhi.”I was more surprised to know, when the honourable chief minister presented me with a painting, that it was her own painting. I assure you that it will, of course, be at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, but it will also remain close to my heart always,” Kovind said at a civic reception hosted by Banerjee at the Netaji Indoor Stadium.Distinguished personalities from the fields of industry, academics, culture and sports were present at the reception.Kovind was all praise for the Trinamool Congress (TMC) government in the state for successfully hosting the FIFA U-17 World Cup matches last month in the city and said the success might lead to more of such successes in other directions.”Recently, the Under-17 football world cup was played in our country. Kolkata hosted many of the matches, including the final. Some of you may have watched the matches at the stadium. You played a perfect host and made all of us proud. Many congratulations.”May the success of the world cup inspire your efforts in other directions as well,” the president said. PTI SCH JM RClast_img read more

Army Stakeholders Learn about New Guidance for Energy Efficiency Resiliency Investments

first_imgWith the objective of DOD’s former Energy Conservation Investment Program recently extended to include projects designed to enhance energy resilience, officials from across the Army responsible for the rechristened Energy Resilience and Conservation Investment Program (ERCIP) met last month to learn about the service’s new planning guidance for prospective projects. The importance of updating the Army’s process for reviewing candidates was heightened due to the service’s directive requiring installations to ensure critical mission capabilities are protected from disruption, said Dominic Ragucci, the Army’s ERCIP program manager. The directive calls for installations to develop the capability to sustain their energy and water requirements for at least 14 days during a service interruption.The directive requires backup power systems which may not save an installation money in the same way a conventional energy efficiency or renewable project would, leading to a revision in the lifecycle cost analysis for projects, Ragucci said. Achieving energy resiliency and security means installations essentially are backing up backup systems, he explained, and trying to satisfy a minimum savings-to-investment ratio can be challenging, reported the Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville.Photo by Stephen Baack Dan Cohen AUTHORlast_img read more